It’s past lunch time. It’s not quite dinner time. But you’re starving. Sounds like story of my life. Oh, and did I mention I’m feeling completely lazy? On these kind of days my go-to snack is this easy sweet potato recipe! Enjoy this bite size snack!
You will need:
2 large sweet potatoes
Large cutting knife
Oil (EVOO, Avocado, etc.)
Aluminum foil or parchment paper
Note: There are many spices that taste great with sweet potatoes. Experiment to see what tastes best for you. Maybe try half on one side, half on the other. Some ideas: cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, lemon or lime zest, etc. The options are endless and, of course, its always up to you!
Easy Sweet Potato Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay out some aluminum foil or parchment paper on the cooking sheet (this isn’t necessary since we will have oil, but this is the lazy woman’s version) so there will be less mess after.
- Peel the skin off of the sweet potatoes. Then lay the potato down horizontal and start cutting into thing slices from one end to the other. Once it gets too difficult to cut the pieces, chop into small squares.
- Put the potatoes slices spread out on top of the aluminum foil. Drizzle some oil on top and add a couple shakes of salts and pepper. Use your hands and gently toss them around the sheet to make sure all of them are covered.
4. At this point, you can add a bit of any of the other optional toppings.
5. Place in the oven and let sit for ~15-20 minutes (it will depend on how thick or thin your bites are). You will know they are done when you can easily stick a fork through them.
6. Let cool. Place half of them in a bowl and the other half in some tupperware to store in your fridge. Surprise! You have a healthy, easy snack now and one already prepared for when you’re feeling this lazy again tomorrow.
Did you guys think this was an easy sweet potato recipe?